Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Columbus Day



In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue...
that is all that I can remember.

Today I had to spend time with my dear old friend, my sewing machine. I always write "remember to thread your needle every day" and I mean it. I love my parents and it is fun to see new places but I feel out of sorts if I do not sew a little something. I am trying to finish up a quilt that I am making for my dear brother in law. He likes to go bowling. I found some neat bowling fabric at Mary Jo's but I did not know what I was going to do with it. My friend Paulette came to Colonial Quilt Lovers to teach Deb Tucker's "Rapid Fire Hunter's Star" using one of Deb Tucker's rulers.

(If you are interested in this Deb's web site is http://www.studio180design.net)

I had a lot of fun piecing this quilt. It was fast, fun and easy! Best of all I knew how I was going to quilt it. It usually takes my longer to figure out how I am going to quilt something than to make it. Luckily this quilt spoke to me.

Remember to thread you needle every day!
Robin



No comments:

Post a Comment