Monday, August 15, 2011

Empty Nest Syndrome


Hello!
This summer has been flying by.
My youngest son has moved to Kansas. His girl friend was accepted into law school and he went with her. I know we are supposed to let our children spread their wings and fly away but it has been very hard for me. He started his new job today so I have been thinking of him quite a bit. To keep my mind busy I have been working on some projects. Our guild passed out some kits to make senior lap quilts. I enjoyed this project. I practiced some free motion and I also did the binding by machine. I machine stitched the binding on the back and then I machine stitched the binding to the front using a decorative stitch. I wish that I had the binding cut a little wider but beggars can not be choosers. The binding is tight so the quilt is a little wavy, but I am happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment