Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Little Helper


This morning I woke up late for my water aerobics class. I figured it is OK to sleep in once in awhile plus I had a lot of things that I wanted to get done today. The first on my list was to finish quilting a Linus Quilt that I have been working on for months. I like to make big Linus Quilts because my son received a Linus Quilt when he was 17 and he was over 6 feet tall and weighed 200 lbs. It is my way of paying it forward.


As you can see from this picture I have some help from my deaf cat Bunnie. She reminds me of Snoopy from the Peanuts comic strip when Snoopy pretends he is a buzzard. She cracks me up. Needless to say I finished the Linus quilt and I can turn it in on Saturday at guild.

I have also made three batches of cookies for my friend's daughter's baby shower. I wanted to make umbrella shapes, but I don't have an umbrella cookie cutter. I made the cookies into stars. Once I have them all decorated I will show you a picture.

Tonight I am teaching quilting 101 at the College of the Albemarle. I sure had fun putting the quilt in EQ6. I hope that the students and I have the same amount of fun putting it together.

I should get ready for my class.
Remember to thread your needle every day!
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment